Thread Rating:
  • 48 Votes - 3.04 Average
Hatchet Job On John Christy and Roy Spencer By Kevin Trenberth, John Abraham and Pete
09-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Hatchet Job On John Christy and Roy Spencer By Kevin Trenberth, John Abraham and Pete
Climate Science: Roger pielke Sr.

September 4,2011

EXCERPT:

There is an opinion article at Daily Climate that perpetuates serious misunderstandings regarding the research of Roy Spencer and John Christy. It also is an inappropriate (and unwarranted) person attack on their professional integrity. Since I have first hand information on this issue, I am using my weblog to document the lack of professional decorum by Keven Trenberth, John Abraham and Peter Gleick.

The inappropriate article I am referring to is

Opinion: The damaging impact of Roy Spencer’s science

published on the Daily Climate on September 2 2011. The article is by Kevin Trenberth, John Abraham, and Peter Gleick.

Their headline reads

LINK

It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2011, 06:27 PM
RE: Hatchet Job On John Christy and Roy Spencer By Kevin Trenberth, John Abraham and Pete
I think these guys will do anything to insure the gravy train continues.

Potato chip enthusiast.
Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user
09-05-2011, 06:58 PM
RE: Hatchet Job On John Christy and Roy Spencer By Kevin Trenberth, John Abraham and Pete
In the process.They are showing their pseudo-science outlook vividly.They are clearly hostile to the scientific method and to the "peer review" process.

They are that stupid to be so obvious.That they have exposed themselves with their own self inflicted wounds.

Because of that.The "peer review" process has been exposed as corrupt.And thus giving increased impetus to just publish the research online.Online Blogs will gain traction as the place to post their science research in.

lol

It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Roy Spencer’s Fatal Error: Believing the Vacuum of Space has a Temperature Sunsettommy 14 5,440 03-09-2012 04:30 AM
Last Post: Derek
  Climate Experts Spencer and Lindzen Lash Out as Pet Theory is Trashed Sunsettommy 3 1,689 02-25-2012 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sunsettommy
  Kiehl/Trenberth/et al Global Energy Budget blouis79 12 11,133 10-06-2010 10:40 AM
  Spencer's Book ajmplanner 1 1,459 08-07-2010 10:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)