• 103 Votes - 2.8 Average
Lawmakers Probe Climate Emails
11-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Lawmakers Probe Climate Emails
The Wall Street Journal

NOVEMBER 24, 2009

By KEITH JOHNSON and GAUTAM NAIK

EXCERPT:

Congressional Republicans have started investigating climate scientists whose hacked emails suggest they tried to squelch dissenting views about global warming.

An aide to Rep. Darrell Issa (R., Calif.), the ranking member of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, said investigators are studying the documents, which unknown hackers stole last week from the computer of a prominent British climate-research center.

Investigators are focusing on the correspondence of White House Science Adviser John Holdren, he said. Dr. Holdren, a point man for the Obama administration on climate change, sent one of the hacked emails.

LINK
==================================================
More alarmists getting the..... heat.

Smile

It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2009, 11:09 AM
RE: Lawmakers Probe Climate Emails
The suggestion by the "hacked" or leaked CRU data that the very basis of information upon which the IPCC reports have been built, should prompt a lot of investigation, I would think/hope.

How can we trust the global temperature data when even the originator can't reproduce it?

Just wondering.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user
11-25-2009, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2009 03:31 PM by Steve LeMaster.)
I'm tired of these leaked emails being referred to as "hacked".

They were not hacked, as Gavin would want us to believe.

One thing that has bothered me and hasn't been brought up, is why no investigation has been started to track down the hackers or at least where it originated from.
12-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I hate to say this, but I highly doubt anything will be done. The university will wait it out until this scandal has blown over (looks like it already has as the media hasn't mentioned anything about it).

This is all a political game for the university, not about scientific facts. By admitting that the data is wrong, they stand to lose research $$$ and prestige, science be damned in the process.
12-09-2009, 06:35 AM
(11-25-2009 03:30 PM)Obnoxious Wrote:  I'm tired of these leaked emails being referred to as "hacked".

They were not hacked, as Gavin would want us to believe.

One thing that has bothered me and hasn't been brought up, is why no investigation has been started to track down the hackers or at least where it originated from.

Interesting take on "leaked" emails here. Convinces me.

Comprehensive network analysis shows Climategate likely to be a leak

Quote:07/12/2009

This lends cred to WUWT’s previous analysis done by our own Charles the moderator: The CRUtape Letters™, and Alternative Explanation,

Climate-Gate: Leaked

by Lance Levsen, Network Analyst – courtesy of Small Dead Animals

Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
12-09-2009, 06:47 AM
It has been two full weeks,by now they should have an idea if it was hacked or leaked.

The old MSM are still calling it a hacking and so do the drips who are exposed by it.While the internet people are now calling it something other than hacking,such as a leak intentionally or by accident.

The above article is presented by a network analyst,who should how to determine whether it is a hack or a leak.Other blogs have made presentations by actual computer programmers or other forms of computer proficiency,who have also been stating that this DOES NOT appear to be a hack.

It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)