Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mar 27 2010
*ugh* it is that time of year again, where the hippies all hug a tree and sing kumbaya.

What is this day you ask ? earth day

Been seeing this sickening commercial on tv from WWF about how last year various cities turned out their lights to raise awareness to global warming. So this year they want people to do the same but it isn't global warming this year, it is climate change. Went to see The Crazies and they played that vomit inducing commercial on the big screen, I almost lost my popcorn.

Anyways, I'll celebrate earth day like I've always done, turn on all the lights in the house, plus turn on all my computers, and sit down to watch Cops *boo yah* Big Grin

I'm not sitting around in the dark, for goodness sake, this is the 21st century not the 12th century.
A WWF advert followed by a film titled "The Crazies"..

Big GrinBig Grin
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)
by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken.

The hobgoblins have to be imaginary so that
"they" can offer their solutions, not THE solutions.
Earth Day is a suck up day for eco morons.

I buy Full Spectrum lights and bypass the mercury bombs.

Shy
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
I fully support all environmental zealots who choose to turn off their electricity to save the planet. The internet will benefit immensely. Smile

I suggest they make it a permanent lifestyle change. The fate of the planet is at stake after all.
(03-01-2010, 05:05 PM)Derek Wrote: A WWF advert followed by a film titled "The Crazies"..

Big GrinBig Grin

the irony Big GrinBig Grin
(03-01-2010, 06:45 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: Earth Day is a suck up day for eco morons.

I buy Full Spectrum lights and bypass the mercury bombs.

Shy

i'm stocking up on the regular incandescents, by 2012 the gov't up here has banned incandescents, and those curly light bulbs are all consumers can buy.
(03-01-2010, 08:54 PM)HarpoSpoke Wrote: I fully support all environmental zealots who choose to turn off their electricity to save the planet. The internet will benefit immensely. Smile

I suggest they make it a permanent lifestyle change. The fate of the planet is at stake after all.

Now you are talking!!! If all those bozos stayed permanently off the net it wouldn't take a solid three minutes for my USB gizmo to find a connection like it did this evening. Angry
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BP Statistical Review of World Energy June 2010 Questioning_Climate 0 4,055 06-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Questioning_Climate
  Wind CONf 2010 - UK Questioning_Climate 4 3,152 02-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Questioning_Climate
  WeatherAction dot com Feb 2010 forecast. Derek 3 2,792 02-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Derek