Thread Rating:
  • 105 Votes - 3.1 Average
Scrap everything “environmental”, beginning with ...
04-19-2011, 05:05 AM
Scrap everything “environmental”, beginning with ...
Do the environment a real favour and scrap everything “environmental”, beginning with camapigners:

http://junksciencesidebar.com/2011/04/19...mapigners/

Could this be a breach in the armour?

Junk Science dot Com refers to this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/...s-red-tape

This may be the place to start:

Red Tape Challenge:
http://www.redtapechallenge.cabinetoffic...ome/index/

"Correlation is NOT Causation"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2011, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2011 09:29 AM by Richard111.)
RE: Scrap everything “environmental”, beginning with ...
Thanks for the links Q_C. Maybe something will come of it. Depends on the level of apathy I suppose. Anyway, I find this bit interesting:

http://www.redtapechallenge.cabinetoffic...ions-faqs/

Quote:Will you scrap EU regulations?

The UK government cannot scrap EU regulations, but we do recognise the burden they impose. That is why we are giving the public an opportunity to comment on how EU legislation has been implemented in the UK on this website. We will then review any instances of ‘gold-plating’ – where the UK has gone beyond the minimum required by the EU legislation.

What are you doing to address the burdens of EU regulations?

We are working with other EU Member States to try to make sure new burdens placed on business are off-set by savings elsewhere. We are pushing the European Commission to start by publishing the cost of planned regulations and setting a target to reduce the overall burden of EU regulation. We are also working to try and ensure that the European Commission strengthens the Small and Medium Enterprise test so that businesses of fewer than 10 employees are exempted from new European legislation.

The UK government cannot scrap EU regulations, ! ! !

I didn't vote for the EU. Did you?

Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
(04-20-2011 09:25 AM)Richard111 Wrote:  The UK government cannot scrap EU regulations, ! ! !

I didn't vote for the EU. Did you?

a) Great post Questioning_Climate.

b) Richard111 highlights a point "we" have completely missed in the UK.
80% of our laws now come from the EU, not our parliament....
You can (read will) be extradited to any EU country that asks for you to be, by the UK police,
if another EU country says you have broken an EU law,
NOT a UK law mind you, or something that is NOT against the law in the UK...
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't know whether or not the UK can really divorce itself from the EU in any way now because the systems are too intertwined. If you look at the Pound coin and Euro they are already harmonised so that we can be fully assimilated into Europe as soon as the right time comes. At a guess that time is not far off and could well be the price we have to pay if our economy crashes like Ireland, Greece, Portugal, etc.

Certainly the impression is that the UK government cannot do much about any laws signed up to with the EU. However, I'd note that, for example, France as much the same laws as us now but the interpretations/implementations in many cases appear to be significantly different. The word play over EU issues in recent months tends to suggest the government will not be able to make the changes it thinks it can and the issues will be covered up with the usual spin mechanisms.

After all most of the UK population are apathetic to anything political unless they see it directly affecting them. By the time they notice, it will all be over.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user
04-20-2011, 01:18 PM
All probably, and depressingly true Q_C.

However we have not had the one referendum we are entitled to under EU law yet.
Least we all forget.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)
by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken.

The hobgoblins have to be imaginary so that
"they" can offer their solutions, not THE solutions.
04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Derek, I agree about the vote. However, the same ploy as was used on the Irish successfully is likely to be employed. The UK economy is being set up to fall in a big way (things like the Green Investment Bank). At time of bankruptcy we will be asked to vote and coerced into whatever the EU wants of us as the reward for helping us out. Full integration with the EU will be inevitable. As we have seen elsewhere, if the vote goes the wrong way, it will be repeated until the correct result is obtained.

Democracy is not a word the EU comprehends.

04-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Have you guys seen the Youtube "The Real Face of the European Union"?

04-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Lots in the video I agreed with. I then looked up WakeUpCall4World and wondered if this is a conspiracy group or something. Any opinions please.

My personal experience in bloody minded government interference happened when I was made redundant at the age of 62 with no hope of another job and with a child in University plus a mortgage and other debts etc.

I went looking for what was going on and found one Gordon Brown, he who sold our gold reserves at one sixth of what they would be worth today. Company National Insurance contributions had been fiddled with to such and extent that the company I worked for had to unload staff which cost too much keep upgrading for the short term. I was in IT. Usually an expensive course every six months or so. I was no longer financially viable with only three years employment left.

For more than ten years now I have been convinced Brown and Blair were part of a process set to deliberately destroy the UK. Blair was the front man, like at the carney, and he was very good at it. Brown was behind the scenes destroying the financial setup and keeping the faithfull happy "Up North" with free money via Northern Rock and other banks. He also encouraged massive enrolment into labour councils and goverment quangos so much so that "the economy on the high street is booming" and unemployment is lowest in history. Our present PM hasn't a clue how to reverse the process to stop the drain on financial resources and he thorougly handicapped his chances by agreeing to the coalition.

I fully believe there was a behind the scenes policy to cause a collapse of the UK pound to force the UK into using the euro. I have a euro coin which came from a supermarket trolley that I handed over a pound coin for. Harmonised indeed.

What ever people say about how terrible Gordon Brown was will mean nothing to Brussels who will reward him with the IMF post.

I used to be a paid up member of UKIP but left when I saw how the party was being hijacked. They still haven't recovered yet but I am going to vote for them anyway. Who else is there to vote for? I don't trust the jackboot tactic of the BNP.

Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
04-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Thank you Maggie, I had seen the video before, but it is well worth watching again, and highlighting here.

(04-21-2011 12:42 AM)Richard111 Wrote:  I used to be a paid up member of UKIP but left when I saw how the party was being hijacked.
They still haven't recovered yet but I am going to vote for them anyway. Who else is there to vote for?
I don't trust the jackboot tactic of the BNP.

My thoughts, and some of my actions, EXACTLY.
04-21-2011, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2011 08:56 AM by Scpg02..)
(04-21-2011 12:42 AM)Richard111 Wrote:  Lots in the video I agreed with. I then looked up WakeUpCall4World and wondered if this is a conspiracy group or something. Any opinions please.

The video I posted is produced by The John Birch Society. They produce some great videos and have a couple of great web sites.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php

http://jbs.org/#SlideFrame_6

(04-21-2011 12:42 AM)Richard111 Wrote:  I fully believe there was a behind the scenes policy to cause a collapse of the UK pound to force the UK into using the euro.

That is exactly what is going on. Happening here in the US with the collapse of the dollar etc. Plus they have tried to push for a North American Union though many don't believe it. They called it the Security and Prosperity Partnership. SPP.
04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
It is depressing.

So many people seem determined to cheat and lie their way to getting what they want.

nod_no

It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
04-26-2011, 04:54 AM
That is a good video and very true.

We absolutely must leave the EU!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [split] [split] Scrap everything “environmental”, beginning with ... realist 0 1,274 07-31-2011 03:43 PM
Last Post: realist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)