Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beyondtalk.net
I was reading about this in the blog here.

Get a load of these loons....

http://beyondtalk.net/

Quote:Scientists tell us that the maximum level of CO2 our atmosphere can safely bear is 350 parts per million. Beyond that, our planet is at imminent risk of catastrophic changes we'll never be able to stop — meaning billions of people will die.

Today, the level of CO2 in the atmosphere is already at 390 worldwide — and it's rising at 2 parts per million per year.

Well now, let me see. Forget about history for a moment, as we all know we've been higher than this before. Let's just look at the recent past:

[Image: co2_data_mlo.png]

Now according to this, we've been above 350ppm for roughly twenty years now. And so I ask:

Where are all the dead bodies? Surely by now we'd all be keeling over and....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

No, I'm kidding. If I actually were dying right now, do you think I'd type it out like that? I mean, I'd never hit the "post" button, would I? And you wouldn't be reading this.

At any rate, isn't it amazing how brainwashed these idiots are?

The website says we should do something. I think we should as well.

beyondtalk.info is wide open. How many tech guys/web designers do we have here? My time is somewhat limited, but I'd be willing to contribute to a spoof site making fun of these clowns.
A tisket, a tasket<br />that red and yellow basket<br />assembled by a communist<br />who lay dead in a casket
Quote:Scientists tell us that the maximum level of CO2 our atmosphere can safely bear is 350 parts per million. Beyond that, our planet is at imminent risk of catastrophic changes we'll never be able to stop — meaning billions of people will die.

Today, the level of CO2 in the atmosphere is already at 390 worldwide — and it's rising at 2 parts per million per year.

I agree AEGeneral,by now we should be dying from widespread excessive heat waves,that would be part of the daily media counts of the dead.They would be gleefully lambasting the skeptics for having the gall to dispute something so obvious.....

Oh wait it is COOLING and has been for about 8 years now,also we are right back where we started in 1979 according to UAH satellite data,at ZERO degrees! The bodies are not piling up after all and the world goes on with increasing snow and ice levels,we have to endure.

I wonder what drug they are ingesting since THERE ARE NO CALAMITOUS HEAT WAVES GOING ON! Not even anything out of the ordinary.

Scientists making such stupid statement like that can only diminish their credibility,when it is revealed that historically we are near the very bottom in the level of CO2 in the atmosphere.I wonder how the planet survived over 100,000,000 years straight of CO2 levels above 1000 ppmv?

It is so easy to be a skeptic,just read their alarmist pap for 15 minutes and you are cured of any doubts.The blatant errors and absurd statements will leap out at and hurt your eyes.

ROFLMAO!
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Quote:beyondtalk.info is wide open. How many tech guys/web designers do we have here? My time is somewhat limited, but I'd be willing to contribute to a spoof site making fun of these clowns.

Sounds interesting. Maybe even place a Google bomb in the code so it redirects to the site when they go to that stupid one.
[quote author=Steve LeMaster link=topic=96.msg620#msg620 date=1247854715]
Sounds interesting. Maybe even place a Google bomb in the code so it redirects to the site when they go to that stupid one.
[/quote]

Google bomb? I hate to ask, but I gotta....
A tisket, a tasket<br />that red and yellow basket<br />assembled by a communist<br />who lay dead in a casket
The phrase "Google bombing" was introduced to the New Oxford American Dictionary in May 2005. Google bombing is closely related to spamdexing, the practice of deliberately modifying HTML pages to increase the chance of their website being placed close to the beginning of search engine results, or to influence the category to which the page is assigned in a misleading or dishonest manner.
I think Google closed this loophole a while ago.
[quote author=Steve LeMaster link=topic=96.msg623#msg623 date=1247857004]
The phrase "Google bombing" was introduced to the New Oxford American Dictionary in May 2005. Google bombing is closely related to spamdexing, the practice of deliberately modifying HTML pages to increase the chance of their website being placed close to the beginning of search engine results, or to influence the category to which the page is assigned in a misleading or dishonest manner.
[/quote]

Not really what I had in mind.
I know. But it sounded fun.

If I had enough revenue from the blog, I would do it. As it is, people haven't been donating lately and not enough are clicking on the ads.
I just bought beyondthetalk.net.

Stay tuned....
[quote author=AEGeneral link=topic=96.msg633#msg633 date=1247866323]
I just bought beyondthetalk.net.

Stay tuned....
[/quote]

Cool. I'm in  ;D

If you need help installing Wordpress, let me know.
I'm not doing a blog. I don't have time to manage it.

I'm done now. What do you guys think?

http://www.beyondthetalk.net

[quote author=AEGeneral link=topic=96.msg706#msg706 date=1248116341]
I'm not doing a blog. I don't have time to manage it.

I'm done now. What do you guys think?

http://www.beyondthetalk.net

[/quote]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love that dig about the girl.

;D
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Absolutely great job!!!  I too love the last dig,  Is there a way to count the hits?
[quote author=Doug Danhoff link=topic=96.msg740#msg740 date=1248194899]
Absolutely great job!!!  I too love the last dig,  Is there a way to count the hits?
[/quote]

I have google analytics running. Or should I do a hit counter?

I imagine it will be a few months before the search engines pick it up, unless you guys have any better ideas to promote it.
Considering the intelligence of those interested in saving the world through this site i suspect you will get several hundred accidental hits by those who hear of the site and type in the extra word.
[quote author=Doug Danhoff link=topic=96.msg744#msg744 date=1248196439]
Considering the intelligence of those interested in saving the world through this site i suspect you will get several hundred accidental hits by those who hear of the site and type in the extra word.
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought about that. They would have been better off using the domain I chose. Sucks to be them.

I imagine someone at Daily Kos is gonna stumble upon it at some point. Then the gnashing & grinding of teeth will begin.
I would like to knock them out of the top spot on Google, though. But I bet they've got a lot of .org sites pointing to them, and I can't match that.
Isn't a shame how much good money gets spent on such nonsense?
I suspect that this was aimed at the bottom dwellers of the global environmental community.  I expect that anyone with an I Q above SST would question the statements.
I placed it on a couple of sites where I thought I could get awau with it.