Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On IPCCs exaggerated climate sensitivity and the emperor’s new clothes
Science Bits

January 9,2012

shaviv

EXCERPT:

A few days ago I had a very pleasant meeting with Andrew Bolt. He was visiting Israel and we met for an hour in my office. During the discussion, I mentioned that the writers of the recent IPCC reports are not very scientific in their conduct and realized that I should write about it here.

Normal science progresses through the collection of observations (or measurements), the conjecture of hypotheses, the making of predictions, and then through the usage of new observations, the modification of the hypotheses accordingly (either ruling them out, or improving them). In the global warming “science”, this is not the case.

What do I mean?

LINK
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
What was the original justification for claiming that climate sensitivity was between 1.5 C and 4.5 C ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low CO2 climate sensitivity published papers Sunsettommy 2 402 06-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Sunsettommy
  The IPCC’s alteration of Forster & Gregory’s model-independent climate sensitivity re Sunsettommy 0 1,841 07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
  Determining the Correct Climate Sensitivity Sunsettommy 0 1,667 10-24-2010, 10:05 AM
  On Climate Sensitivity, Models, etc. Itscoldinhere 9 9,074 03-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Terry Oldberg
  New paper from Lindzen demonstrates low climate sensitivity with observational d Sunsettommy 3 3,626 07-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Mike Davis