Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Repeated?
Read and digest. From SPPI.

History unfolding

By Professor David Kaiser

•Is the “global warming” scare part of a wider political picture? The eminent historian Dr. David Kaiser here warns us that those nations that do not know their history are condemned to repeat it.

Quote:I am a student of history. Professionally, I have written 15 books on history that have been published in six languages, and I have studied history all my life. I have come to think there is something monumentally large afoot, and I do not believe it is simply a banking crisis, or a mortgage crisis, or a credit crisis. Yes these exist, but they are merely single facets on a very large gemstone that is only now coming into a sharper focus.

Something of historic proportions is happening. I can sense it because I know how it feels, smells, what it looks like, and how people react to it. Yes, a perfect storm may be brewing, but there is something happening within our country that has been evolving for about ten to fifteen years. The pace has dramatically quickened in the past two.

We demand and then codify into law the requirement that our banks make massive loans to people we know they can never pay back? Why?
We learned just days ago that the Federal Reserve, which has little or no real oversight by anyone, has “loaned” two trillion dollars (that is $2,000,000,000,000) over the past few months, but will not tell us to whom or why or disclose the terms. That is our money. Yours and mine. And that is three times the $700 billion we all argued about so strenuously just this past September. Who has this money? Why do they have it? Why are the terms unavailable to us? Who asked for it? Who authorized it? I thought this was a government of “we the people,” who loaned our powers to our elected leaders. Apparently not.

We have spent two or more decades intentionally de-industrializing our economy. Why?

We have intentionally dumbed down our schools, ignored our history, and no longer teach our founding documents, why we are exceptional, and why we are worth preserving. Students by and large cannot write, think critically, read, or articulate. Parents are not revolting, teachers are not picketing, school boards continue to back mediocrity. Why?

continues in the link above plus bio
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba

It's something worth thinking about. I've acquired a real skeptical sense that rises quickly any time someone starts talking in doomsday terms. So I'm not going to abandon it now.

But it probably is good that someone of note is willing to point out the "worst-case scenario". One would hope that would help counter any efforts to bring this scenario to life. ...The Winston Churchill example notwithstanding.

So color me interested but skeptical. I do worry a bit any time one of the political parties gets too much power. That's a bad idea. (Though republicans don't seem to do much when they have the reigns)
Nothing wrong with being skeptical. I trust Lord Monckton's integrity and assume he vetted that post. I am looking for confirmation that the Fed Res handed out that sort of money to persons or parties unknown. So far nothing.
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba